Donsak – Ko Phaluai Tourism Route Development Project Activity: Donsak – Ko Phaluai Tourism Route Public Relations using Social Network
For Donsak – Ko Phaluai Tourism Route Public Relations using Social Network under Donsak – Ko Phaluai Tourism Route Development Project, some field trips were taken place in Ko Phaluai, Ban Khao Gloy, Nang Gum Beach, Pak Klong Donsak, Ko Raet, and Ko Nok Pao in order to collect data between February and March 2017. The objective is to promote local tourist attractions in the area of Donsak – Phaluai, Surat Thani. The Computer and Information Center therefore has prepared two public relations channels using social network including
- Website: http://donsak.sru.ac.th/
- Page: http://www.facebook.com/traveldonsak/
The Computer and Information Center has conducted two public relations channels for Donsak – Phaluai tourist attractions including http://donsak.sru.ac.th/ and http://www.facebook.com/traveldonsak/. Those two channels:
- There were 174 visitors who visited http://donsak.sru.ac.th/ (data between July 17th – August 16th, 2017)
- There were 8,468 visitors who visited http://www.facebook.com/traveldonsak/
Since the Computer and Information Center has conducted public relations channels for Donsak – Phaluai tourist attractions, Donsak – Ko Phaluai tourist attractions became better known to the public.
Problems / Obstacles
- The problem during the field trips was related to the weather. During the period of time, there
was a heavy rain, so the field trips were postponed.
- The field trip in Ko Phaluai was taken place right after the strong wind and waves which
brought some garbage from the chores to the beach of Ko Phaluai. Unfortunately, photos taken on that day were not really beautiful as they were supposed to.
- The preparation of public relations channels for Donsak – Ko Phaluai tourist attractions by
using social network was used to create awareness as well as to provide information about tourist attractions in Donsak and Ko Phaluai. They enable both Thai and foreign tourists to get access widely and quickly. However, those channels were conducted in Thai which cannot perfectly respond to foreign tourists. The Computer and Information Center therefore has planned to create a website in English version in the fiscal year 2018.
- Nowaday, over 85 percentage of information on http://donsak.sru.ac.th/ has been completed.
It still needs the academic information of each department which the information has been expected to be completely delivered within the fourth quarter of the fiscal year 2017.