First Aid Program for Students and Villagers at Ban Ko Phaluai School held on Jan 27th, 2017 Faculty of Nursing, Suratthani Rajabhat University
- Build community
- Present a project plan to villagers
- Adjust the project to meet the needs of villagers
- To provide the participants with knowledge and skills in first aid which can help themselves and their loved ones safely before reaching the hospital.
- To reduce the risk of death and the cost of emergency medical expenses for the participants.
- Outputs earned from the project: The participants gained knowledge and skills in first aid and
- Outcomes resulted from the project: 49 participants gained knowledge and skills in first aid
and basic resuscitation
- Impacts caused by the project: The participants could apply knowledge earned to help people
to reduce any risk to life
- Students and villagers earned knowledge in first aid to take care of themselves and others.
- A water rescue center was established at Angthong Marine National Park which is located at Ko Phaluai. The trainings were conducted in November 2017 by the national emergency medical team.
Learning Mechanism of Project Performance
- Participants are eager to learn first aid and basic resuscitation.
- Participants are eager to practice basic resuscitation skills.
- Participants exchange experiences from past experiences but cannot practice due to the lack of knowledge and skills.
Impacts of Projects Beneficial for Community and Country
- Trainees have knowledge and skills in first aid which can help themselves and their loved ones safely before reaching the hospital. It reduces the risk of death and reduces the cost of emergency medical expenses for the trainees.
Problems and Obstacles in the Operation
- Getting to a target area which is an island requires much time for travelling and relocation of equipment.
- Trainings and a water rescue center should be established in Ko Phaluai.
- There should be a coordination with Ko Tao Hospital.
- There should be a monitoring of project implementation in Ko Phaluai.